Targeted Rule Alerts are a type of Notification within Stax which informs you when resources or rules become non-compliant. Properly configured Rule Alerts can help reduce noise and time to resolution for any issue within AWS.
Before you Begin
- Estimated time to complete: 15 minutes
- Ensure you are a member of the Admin role in your Stax tenancy
- Determine which channel to use for notification, and have the appropriate access to configure the recipient (Email, Slack, Webhook or Microsoft Teams)
- Ensure you have enabled Real-Time Rule Alerts. This is enabled by default for Stax platform customers, or optionally for Stax Cost & Compliance Enterprise-level customers
Configure a Targeted Rule Alert
Log in to the Stax Console
Open the customer menu in the left-hand nav (click the arrow next to your organization alias)
Select Notifications from the customer menu
Click the Create Notification button at the top right-hand side of the page
Choose either Email, Slack, Webhook or Microsoft Teams as the delivery method*
Select a View and Segment you'd like to receive notification alerts for.
Select Resource-Level or Rule-Level Alerts, depending upon your preference. Choose to receive notifications for either all rules, specific rules, or filtered alerts.
Once you've chosen the alert type, you can filter further to receive notifications for either specific Rule Bundles or severities. You can also select rules you'd like to specifically exclude.
Click Create Notification
Each Delivery Channel will require slightly different information as part of the configuration process:
- Email: You will be asked to provide recipient email addresses
- Slack: You will be asked to connect your Slack instance to Stax and choose a Slack channel as the recipient
- Webhook: You will be asked to provide a URL
- Microsoft Teams: You will be asked to provide a URL. This URL is the URL of your Teams channel Connector. If you are unsure how to create a Microsoft Teams URL, please follow Microsoft's instructions