When it comes to wastage in EC2 instances, Stax can retrieve metrics from CloudWatch to track an instance's memory utilization.
Stax recommends customers use the AWS CloudWatch Agent to collect these metrics or set up custom metrics. Utilize the CloudWatch Agent enables integration with AWS Systems Manager for unified metrics and logs collection, improving the overall observability of your EC2 Instances.
Supported CloudWatch Metrics
Stax supports different CloudWatch metrics based on the instance's operating system.
All instance types
- Memory/MemFreeBytes + Memory/MemTotalBytes
- Windows: Memory % Committed Bytes In Use
- Windows/Default/Available Mbytes
- System/Windows/Available Mbytes
- Windows/Default/Available Memory
- System/Windows/Available Memory
Find more information about how to set up these metrics in the references below.