This article describes connecting two Stax-managed Networking Hubs. For other connectivity options, see Networking Hub Peering.
Before You Begin
- Estimated time to complete: 15 minutes
- Ensure you are a member of the Admin role in your Stax tenancy
Create Networking Hub Peering Connection
- Log in to the Stax console
- Choose Networks from the left-hand nav
- On the Networks page, choose your one of the Networking Hubs to be connected
- Select the Hub Peering tab and click + Create
- Choose a Name for the peering connection, then select Stax Resource as the Hub Peering Target. From the Destination Networking Hub drop-down list, choose the appropriate Networking Hub to connect this Hub to. Choose Create to create the Hub Peering connection.
- The Hub Peering page will now display the Hub Peering connection in the CREATING status
The connection will remain in the CREATING status until the creation completes. This typically takes around 15 minutes to complete. Once the connection has finished creating, its status will change to ACTIVE.
Configure Routing Between Networking Hubs
Once the Hub Peering connection is created, routing must be configured to permit traffic to flow between the Networking Hubs. For both Networking Hubs in the Hub Peering connection, create a prefix list with the following details:
|Prefix List type
|Enter a suitable name for the Prefix List
|10 (or another appropriate value)
|Entries - CIDR Ranges
|Enter the target Networking Hub's CIDR ranges you wish to reachable over the Hub Peering connection
|Choose the Hub Peering connection created above